Parties interested in financing a project through NIFA are encouraged to complete and submit the NIFA application form. The application should demonstrate that the proposed project meets all eligibility requirements by providing information that shows:
- the number and types of jobs that will be created
- whether any jobs in competing industries or businesses will be adversely affected
- whether the project is a feasible project
- how the project will stimulate economic development
- what other industries or businesses are likely to be stimulated by the project
- the project's effect on the tax base and tax revenues
- with respect to health care projects, the project's effect on the provision of health care and related services
The NIFA Board of Directors has adopted Industrial Development Bond (IDB) Private Activity Cap Guidelines. The guidelines were adopted on May 29, 1998, and amended on December 14, 2001. They are included in the Application form below.
All development financing projects that would constitute a private activity bond must obtain a volume cap allocation, regardless of the issuer, using the form below.