News: Program - LIHTC (Tax Credits)
Focus Group Meeting-Nebraska Affordable Housing Tax Credit
The Nebraska Investment Finance Authority ("NIFA") will conduct a Focus Group Meeting [details below] of interested parties to discuss proposed changes to the 2017 Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) QAP to provide for the allocation of the Nebraska Affordable Housing Tax Credit ("AHTC"). To view the draft of the proposed changes click here.
NIFA's objectives in proposing parameters for the allocation of the AHTC include the following:
1. "stretch" the Federal 9% LIHTC to produce more qualifying projects
2. attain the highest overall credit yield for the owners of the projects
3. close gaps not otherwise filled by other funding sources
4. "do no harm" to existing resources or programs
5. swift implementation without creating confusion
6. maintain administrative flexibility to address economic uncertainty
7. avoid unintended penalization of small or rural projects
The focus group meeting will be held on Friday, January 20, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. CST in the NIFA Board Room located at 1230 "O" Street, 2nd Floor, Lincoln, NE. Persons requiring an accommodation consistent with the Americans With Disabilities Act or who wish to join the meeting by phone are asked to contact Teresa Kile at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Teresa Kile with any questions at 402-434-3916.
Return to News Main Page