|Board of Directors
NIFA's board is comprised of nine members:
- The Director of the Nebraska Department of Economic Development, who is also by statute, chair of the NIFA board.
- The Chairperson of the Nebraska Investment Council.
- The Director of the Nebraska Department of Agriculture.
- Six public members who are appointed by the Governor to four-year terms. (Two members shall be from each of the three congressional districts of the State and not more than three shall be of the same political party.) The public members represent:
- Real estate development;
- Industrial mortgage credit, commercial credit, agricultural credit or housing mortgage credit;
- Banking or investment banking;
- Home building or licensed real estate broker;
- Agricultural production; and
- The public at large.
Board meeting minutes are available in the Archived Agendas & Minutes section (see below). For the official, signed copy of a set of minutes, please contact Sheila Gans by email or by calling 402-434-3900.